Sunday, March 18, 2007



A real "fine" Sunday in Christchurch...
My first business trip to NZ in my new role. Arriving at Christchurch reminded me a great deal of my vacation here with Siok Teng, Siok Kwan and Siew Mun back in 2000. Those were just great time we had in South Island.
Woke up this Sunday morning and realised just how ignorance I have been... I believe I brought the wrong clothing... it's 17 deg and well, I don't even have a jacket or overcoat with me! Headed down for my breakfast and checked with the porter. Apparently, they had a pretty cold summer this year, besides, it's now autumn...there's nothing I can do except hoping that it'll be better when the sun is out.

Went for a half-day vineyard tour with my "boss". Yes, my boss... and it was absolutely enjoyable. The journey to Waipara from Christchurch took about 45 mins and we had a wonderful lunch at Waipara Springs vineyard. The weather was just fantastic and the surrounding were just superb! A kind of afternoon noon I've always wanted, it would be wonderful to spend a lazy afternoon with some close friends! Will that ever happen? Well...
Visited some 3 more vineyards in the area and tasted close to 27 types of wine. I ended up buying 5 bottles to stock-up as gift or for my own enjoyment. The last being Pegasus Bay... another tastefully decorated place. Had a cuppa nice Long Black to end the tour! How more can you spent a lazy Sunday afternoon?

All good things have to end. Back to reality and ready for another week of customers call and dealer visits...in Christchurch and Auckland. More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pistachio :
The photo sure brings back fond memories of our very enjoyable trip to NZ - one of our very first self drive trips! The building reminded me of those we took at Eureka town. Glad u had a great time!